- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 200g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 20g butter
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 450g sausage meat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60g chopped almonds
- 60g mixed seeds
- Put the onion and mushrooms into a blender and chop finely. Heat the butter in a frying pan, add the mushroom mixture and cook over a low heat for 6-8 minutes, adding the allspice and mixed dried herbs after 5 minutes. Cool.
- Mix the rosemary, thyme and breadcrumbs into the sausage meat with the cooled mushroom mixture. Season well with salt and pepper. Shape into 20 balls with damp hands.
- Mix together the almonds and mixed seeds in a bowl. Roll the balls in this mixture and transfer to a freezer box. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- Thaw the stuffing balls overnight. To cook, pour a tablespoon of vegetable oil into a roasting tin and add the stuffing balls, then roast in the oven preheated to 200°C/Gas 6 for 30-35 minutes.
Tip: You could prepare these on Christmas Eve if your freezer is tight on space.