For the Cocoa Tart Crust
- 150g almond or hazelnut meal (ground almonds or hazelnuts)
- 30g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the Hazelnut-Cocoa Filling
- 340g hazelnut-cocoa spread
- 225g mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp Nielsen-Massey Coffee Extract
- 2 tsp Nielsen-Massey Madagascan Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 240ml heavy whipping cream
- 90g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped, to decorate
- Chocolate curls, to decorate, optional
- Firstly, make the cocoa tart crust. Lightly spray a 9″ fluted flan tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. In a bowl, combine the ground almonds or hazelnuts, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, and salt. Whisk until no lumps remain and the entire mixture is coated with cocoa. Add the melted butter and stir until evenly combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the flan tin and press firmly and evenly onto the bottom and sides of the tin to form a crust. Freeze for 10 minutes, then transfer to the fridge until ready to fill.
- Next, make the hazelnut-cocoa filling. In a large bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the hazelnut-cocoa spread, mascarpone, and the coffee and vanilla extracts together until completely combined. Spoon the mixture into the chilled tart shell and spread into an even layer. Place in the fridge until the filling has completely set (about an hour).
- To decorate: in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cream on medium speed until stiff peaks form (about 3 to 5 minutes). Carefully spoon the whipped cream onto the tart, taking care not to spread it all the way to the edge. Generously garnish with roasted hazelnuts and chocolate curls. Serve immediately.
Tips: Add a splash of vanilla extract to the whipped cream for an extra sweet topping. To slice the tart cleanly, use a sharp knife that’s been heated up in hot water. Best made and eaten on the same day, but can be covered and kept in the fridge for a day.
Buttermilk Waffles with Vanilla Custard, Macerated Strawberries, Shortbread and Chervil Syrup
Cherry Frangipane Tart
Strawberry Eton Mess Cake
Hot Choc Swiss Roll
Semi-freddo Raspberry, Lemon & Ginger Nut Cheesecake Bars
Marmalade & Almond Tart
Panettone Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding
Christmas Stollen Squares