- 240g plain flour
- 10g fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 60g Parmesan (or vegetarian parmesan), grated
- 160g butter, cold, cubed
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp milk
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 350g leeks, washed and sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 400g mixed mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 25g butter
- 100ml double cream
- 30g parsley, finely chopped
- 60g Parmesan shavings
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- To make the pastry, mix the flour, thyme and Parmesan in a large bowl then use your fingers to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Make a well in the middle, add the egg yolks and gently bring the mixture together, adding a little of the milk if required. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry and transfer to the tin and trim any excess pastry ─ the pastry is very short, so take care when moving it. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake blind for approx. 15 minutes. Take out of the oven, remove any baking parchment or baking beans and bake for 15 minutes until golden. While the pastry is in the oven, begin step 5.
- To make the filling, heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a large pan and cook the leeks, stirring, until they soften and begin to caramelise. Season with salt, transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the mushrooms, season and cook, stirring, for 2-4 minutes. Add the garlic and butter and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the mushroom mixture to the leeks. Leave to cool then drain off any excess liquid. Stir in the remaining ingredients, pour into the pastry case and bake for 20 minutes or until the egg is set.
Tip: You can use any combination of mushrooms that you like, depending on what’s available.
Goat’s Cheese & Roasted Tomato Mini Cheesecakes
Spanakopita Lattice Pie
Roasted Butternut Squash, Courgette & Red Pepper Lattice Pie
All-Time Favourite Cheese & Onion Lattice Pie
Roasted Cauliflower, Beetroot & Stilton Quiche
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
New Potato, Courgette & Pea Frittata for the Remoska®