- 50g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 250g chestnut musrooms, sliced and washed
- 300g risotto rice
- 175ml glass white wine
- 25g butter
- 50g parmesan (or vegetarian parmesan), freshly grated
- handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- Soak the dried mushrooms in 1 litre of boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain the liquid in to a bowl, squeezing as much as possible from the mushrooms. Crumble the stock cube in to the liquid. Chop the mushrooms.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, add the onion and garlic and fry until soft and golden. Stir in all the mushrooms and continue to cook until the fresh ones have softened.
- Stir in the rice. Add the wine and cook gently until it has evaporated. Add a quarter of the mushroom stock and simmer over a medium heat, stirring often, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Repeat three times.
- Continue stirring until the rice is cooked, if necessary add a little water. Remove from the heat, add the butter and scatter over half the cheese and parsley. Cover and allow to stand for a few minutes. Give the risotto a final stir, spoon into bowls and scatter with the remaining cheese and parsley.
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Whole Roasted Cabbage Quarters with Sichuan Pepper, Soy, Sesame & Rice
The Most Indulgent Quick Cook Quiche: Broccoli, Gorgonzola, Chilli & Walnut
Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Squash & Sage
Miso Aubergines with Tofu, Sesame & Chilli
Spring Vegetable Minestrone for the Remoska®
New Potato, Courgette & Pea Frittata for the Remoska®