- A little flour, to dust
- 500g ready-to-roll sweet shortcrust pastry
- 400g jar mincemeat
- Caster sugar, to sprinkle
- A little icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/Gas 6.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to approx. 4mm thick. Use a round cutter approx. 6.5cm diameter to stamp out 24 circles. Use a small cutter to stamp out 24 pastry shapes for the tops – we used star and holly leaf cutters, but you could use any other festive shapes, like snowflakes, bells or Christmas trees.
- Line the holes in the Mini Morsel tin with the pastry circles, using the pusher to press them into place. Using a teaspoon, fill the pastry cases two thirds full with mincemeat.
- Top each pie with a pastry shape, then brush the shapes lightly with water and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the pastry tops are golden brown. Leave in the tin to cool, remove then dust with icing sugar before serving.
How to make… the perfect Victoria Sandwich
How to make… the perfect Scones
Easy-Peasy Spring Bug Biscuits
Marbled Chocolate Orbs (with a hidden surprise…)
Step-By-Step Caterpillar Cake
Rosemary, Red Onion & Parmesan Focaccia for Remoska Tria
Malted Mixed Grain Loaf for Remoska Tria
Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding for Remoska Tria