- A little flour, to dust
- 500g ready-to-roll sweet shortcrust pastry
- 400g jar mincemeat
- Caster sugar, to sprinkle
- A little icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/Gas 6.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to approx. 4mm thick. Use a round cutter approx. 6.5cm diameter to stamp out 24 circles. Use a small cutter to stamp out 24 pastry shapes for the tops – we used star and holly leaf cutters, but you could use any other festive shapes, like snowflakes, bells or Christmas trees.
- Line the holes in the Mini Morsel tin with the pastry circles, using the pusher to press them into place. Using a teaspoon, fill the pastry cases two thirds full with mincemeat.
- Top each pie with a pastry shape, then brush the shapes lightly with water and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the pastry tops are golden brown. Leave in the tin to cool, remove then dust with icing sugar before serving.