- A little butter, for greasing
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 small mango, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100g fresh or canned pineapple, thinly sliced
- 175g butter, at room temperature
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 175g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Grease the holes of the mini sandwich tin with a little butter and place it on a baking tray.
- Spoon one teaspoon of golden syrup into each hole of the mini sandwich tin. Arrange mango and pineapple slices neatly on top.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then gradually beat in the eggs. Stir in the vanilla extract. Sift the flour and salt into the bowl and fold in with a large metal spoon. Add the milk and stir through gently.
- Spoon the mixture into the holes of the mini sandwich tin and level the surfaces with a teaspoon. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a fine skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out carefully. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Tip: A little golden syrup might leak out of the mini sandwich tin – placing the tin on top of a baking tray will stop this dripping onto your oven floor.