- 250g ready-made sweet shortcrust pastry
- Zest of 1 orange
- 75ml fresh, ready-made custard
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 slices firm mango
- 24 blueberries
- 12 raspberries
- 6 blackberries
- 3-4 stems redcurrants
- 2 strawberries, cut into quarters
- 150g apricot jam
- Mix the orange zest into the pastry and chill for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Divide the pastry into 24 pieces and roll into balls. Place in the wells of the tin and use the pusher to press into shape then prick the bases and sides with a fork. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden around the edges. Cool in the tin then carefully loosen from the tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place about half a teaspoon of custard in each case. Use a small flower-shaped cutter to cut shapes out of the kiwi and mango. Arrange an assortment of various fruits on top of each tart.
- Heat the jam and sieve to remove any lumps. Using a teaspoon, spoon a little over each tart then use a pastry brush to cover all the fruit.
Tip: These tarts are best eaten on the day they are made.