- 250g strong white flour
- 250g Italian 00 pasta flour
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 heaped tsp salt
- 1 tsp fast action/easy blend yeast
- 25ml extra virgin olive oil,plus extra to drizzle
- 300ml warm water
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- Approx. 25-30 pitted black olives
- A little sea salt, to sprinkle
- Place both flours in a large bowl then add
the sugar, salt, yeast and olive oil. Mix with
your hand, adding the water a little at a time,
until a ball of dough is formed. When it
comes away from the bowl and onto your
hands easily, transfer to a floured surface.
- Knead until smooth, which should take
- Return the dough to the bowl, cover and
leave to prove in a warm place for 30-40
minutes or until it has doubled in size.
Place the dough back on to the floured
surface and knead for a minute or two.
- Divide the dough into eight rounds about
2cm thick and place onto a baking tray.
Top with the herbs and lightly press in
the olives. Drizzle over a little oil and
sprinkle with sea salt.
- Leave to prove in a warm place for around
20 minutes before placing into a preheated
oven set at 200°C/400°F for about
15-20 minutes until golden.
Tomato & Poppy Seed Mini Loaves
Hot Cross Bun Loaf
Easter Bunny Bread Rolls
Sticky Lemon & Pistachio Whirlybuns for the Remoska®
Hot Dog Buns
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Pressure-Cooked Cheddar, Leek & Spring Onion Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding