For the cakes
- 4 egg whites
- 125g butter, melted
- 80g ground almonds
- 120g icing sugar
- 35g plain flour
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
For the topping
- 60ml single cream
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Place the egg whites in a medium bowl and beat with a fork. Stir in the butter, ground almonds, sifted icing sugar, flour and finely chopped chocolate. Spoon the mixture into the holes of the pan, filling each hole almost to the top.
- Bake for 17 minutes, then remove from the oven and leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn out and leave topside up on a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream and chopped chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth, and then remove from the heat and leave to stand until thickened. Spoon over the top of the fully cooled friands.
Easy-Peasy Spring Bug Biscuits
Marbled Chocolate Orbs (with a hidden surprise…)
Step-By-Step Caterpillar Cake
Rosemary, Red Onion & Parmesan Focaccia for Remoska Tria
Malted Mixed Grain Loaf for Remoska Tria
Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding for Remoska Tria
Jamaican Easter Spiced Buns
Easter Simnel Traybake