- 120g white quinoa
- 300ml water
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or cider vinegar
- Pinch caster sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 40g sultanas or raisins
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 2 tsp chia seeds or poppy seeds
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful of mint
- Rinse the quinoa and put it into the Lékué Rice & Grain Cooker with the water. Put the lid in place. Microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes. Carefully remove from the microwave and stir in the stock powder. Microwave for 5 more minutes on HIGH, with the lid in place. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the olive oil and lemon juice or vinegar with the sugar, black pepper, turmeric and cumin seeds in a large serving bowl.
- Fluff up the quinoa grains with a fork and tip them into the dressing whilst still warm. Add the carrot, red onion, sultanas or raisins, pomegranate seeds and chia seeds or poppy seeds. Stir well.
- Serve each portion topped with crumbled feta cheese and a few mint leaves.
Tip: Check that the quinoa is cooked after 11 minutes, as all microwaves can vary a little. Add another 1-2 minutes if required.
Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Beanburgers
Spiced Carrot, Chickpea & Cheddar Veggie Burgers
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Whole Roasted Cabbage Quarters with Sichuan Pepper, Soy, Sesame & Rice
The Most Indulgent Quick Cook Quiche: Broccoli, Gorgonzola, Chilli & Walnut
Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Squash & Sage
Miso Aubergines with Tofu, Sesame & Chilli