- 120g white quinoa
- 300ml water
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or cider vinegar
- Pinch caster sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 40g sultanas or raisins
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 2 tsp chia seeds or poppy seeds
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful of mint
- Rinse the quinoa and put it into the Lékué Rice & Grain Cooker with the water. Put the lid in place. Microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes. Carefully remove from the microwave and stir in the stock powder. Microwave for 5 more minutes on HIGH, with the lid in place. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the olive oil and lemon juice or vinegar with the sugar, black pepper, turmeric and cumin seeds in a large serving bowl.
- Fluff up the quinoa grains with a fork and tip them into the dressing whilst still warm. Add the carrot, red onion, sultanas or raisins, pomegranate seeds and chia seeds or poppy seeds. Stir well.
- Serve each portion topped with crumbled feta cheese and a few mint leaves.
Tip: Check that the quinoa is cooked after 11 minutes, as all microwaves can vary a little. Add another 1-2 minutes if required.
Spanakopita Lattice Pie
Roasted Butternut Squash, Courgette & Red Pepper Lattice Pie
All-Time Favourite Cheese & Onion Lattice Pie
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
How to make… the perfect Risotto with Sue Ashworth
Spiced Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Bake for Remoska Tria