- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic purée
- 180g long grain rice
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 100g chorizo, sliced
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 100g cooked king prawns
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Place the tomatoes, garlic purée, rice and 150ml cold water into the microwave steam case. Close the case and cook on full power for 8 minutes.
- Remove the steam case from the microwave and stir in the red pepper, chorizo, sweetcorn, prawns and Cajun seasoning. Cover and cook on full power for a further 6 minutes or until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid and is just soft.
- Leave to stand for 1 minute, then divide between two warmed dishes and garnish with the soured cream and parsley.
Tip: This dish was cooked in a 900W microwave, so timings may have to be adjusted according to your microwave’s wattage. Ensure food is thoroughly cooked before eating.
Spiced Salmon & Spring Onion Fried Rice
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood
How to make… the Perfect Fish Pie with Sue Ashworth
Fabulous Family Fish Pie for the Remoska Tria
Prawn & Crab Cakes with Lemon & Coriander Tartare Sauce
Thai Prawn Mini Bakes
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®