For the tart
- 350g butternut squash, peeled and thinly sliced
- 250g raw beetroot, peeled and thinly sliced (use heritage varieties, if you like)
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 20g butter
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 40g feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful of mixed salad leaves, rocket or young spinach, to garnish
- Mix together the butternut squash, beetroot and red onion slices. Tip them into the red silicone mould and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave on HIGH for 16 minutes, turning every 4 minutes, and stirring in the balsamic vinegar after 12 minutes. Check that the vegetables are tender and microwave for 1-2 more minutes, if needed.
- Stir the butter and thyme leaves through the cooked vegetables. Season with salt and black pepper. Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 6.
- Unroll the sheet of puff pastry and use the ceramic plate as a template to cut out a circle, cutting 1cm wider all around. Position the pastry over the vegetables and tuck it down the insides of the silicone mould.
- Place the silicone mould on a baking tray and transfer to the centre shelf of your oven. Bake for 23-25 minutes, until risen and golden. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Fit the ceramic plate in position over the silicone mould and carefully flip it over, then remove the silicone mould to reveal your tarte Tatin. To serve, top with crumbled feta cheese and a handful of mixed salad leaves, rocket or young spinach.
Tip: Check the vegetables for tenderness as you cook them – they need to be tender, but with just a little ‘bite’.
Easy-Peasy Spring Bug Biscuits
Marbled Chocolate Orbs (with a hidden surprise…)
Step-By-Step Caterpillar Cake
Rosemary, Red Onion & Parmesan Focaccia for Remoska Tria
Malted Mixed Grain Loaf for Remoska Tria
Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding for Remoska Tria
Jamaican Easter Spiced Buns
Easter Simnel Traybake