- 2 medium red capsicums (bell peppers) (400g), sliced thinly
- 2 medium brown onions (300g), sliced thinly
- 375g (12 ounces) bottled chunky mild tomato salsa
- 1 cup (280g) barbecue sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1kg (2-pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Combine capsicum, onion, salsa, sauce, garlic, spices and oregano in the slow cooker; add pork, turn to coat in mixture. Cook, covered, on low, 8 hours.
- Carefully remove pork from cooker; shred meat using two forks. Return pork to cooker; stir gently. Season to taste.
- Divide pork between tortillas. Serve topped with sour cream and coriander, and accompany with lime wedges.
You can quickly peel the capsicum with a vegetable peeler if you don’t like the skin peeling off when it’s cooked.
Suitable to freeze at the end of step 2.
Barbecued American-Style Pork Ribs
Shredded Beef Tacos
Herby Toad-in-the-Hole with Red Onion Gravy
Wendy’s Barbecued Leg of Lamb
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney
Joe Wicks’ Bad Boy Chilli Con Carne