- 2 medium red capsicums (bell peppers) (400g), sliced thinly
- 2 medium brown onions (300g), sliced thinly
- 375g (12 ounces) bottled chunky mild tomato salsa
- 1 cup (280g) barbecue sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1kg (2-pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Combine capsicum, onion, salsa, sauce, garlic, spices and oregano in the slow cooker; add pork, turn to coat in mixture. Cook, covered, on low, 8 hours.
- Carefully remove pork from cooker; shred meat using two forks. Return pork to cooker; stir gently. Season to taste.
- Divide pork between tortillas. Serve topped with sour cream and coriander, and accompany with lime wedges.
You can quickly peel the capsicum with a vegetable peeler if you don’t like the skin peeling off when it’s cooked.
Suitable to freeze at the end of step 2.