- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli
- 6 Cumberland sausages
- 2 white onions
- 4 x 400g tins of tomatoes
- 1 bulb garlic (skinned)
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 400g spaghetti
- Make the sauce by chopping the onions and place in saucepan with the tomatoes, the garlic bulb and stock cubes. Simmer for 40 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Leave to cool for 30 minutes and then add a big handful of fresh basil (or a few teaspoons of pesto if you haven’t any fresh basil). Then blend until until smooth, and freeze or store in the fridge.
- To make the meatballs, using a pestle and mortar bash the fennel seeds to release the flavour. Crush the garlic and chop the chilli and place into a bowl. Using a pair of scissors cut the sausages out of their skins and add to the bowl.
- Mix well and divide into small balls.
- Place the meatballs into your previously made tomato sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes unti lthe meatballs are cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions and serve with the meatballs and sauce.
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Basic Pasta Recipe | How To Make Pasta From Scratch