- 110g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 130g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 30g ground almonds
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- Icing sugar and matcha powder, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ Gas 5. Brush the holes of our 12 Hole Madeleine Tin with a little melted butter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and matcha powder, then add the caster sugar, flour, baking powder and ground almonds, mixing well.
- Beat the eggs and milk together, then stir into the mixture and beat until smooth. Spoon into the moulds, putting 2 level tablespoons into each one. Bake the first batch for 12-13 minutes, until lightly tinged with brown. Cool for 3-4 minutes, then remove.
- Grease half the moulds with a little more melted butter and spoon in the remaining mixture. Bake as before for 12-13 minutes. Cool and remove. Serve when completely cold, dusted with a little icing sugar and matcha powder.
Tip: For an indulgent treat, drizzle the madeleines with melted dark chocolate.