- 500g sausage meat
- 100g game livers, finely chopped
- 175g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Leaves of 2 thyme sprigs, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 5 juniper berries, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 1 tbsp red wine
- Salt and pepper
- A little oil, for frying
- 1kg game meat (see tip below), cut into 2cm thick strips
- 300g streaky bacon, flattened with a rolling pin
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F. Line the Terrine Mould or loaf tin with parchment.
- To make the filling, place the sausage meat and chopped livers in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, thyme, rosemary, juniper berries, garlic, brandy and wine, season then mix together thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan and fry the game for approx. 2 minutes until browned.
- Line the Terrine Mould with the bacon strips and fill, layering the filling mix and game strips, finishing with a layer of the filling mix. Fold the bacon over the top, cover the top with foil and sit the loaf tin in a roasting pan half-filled with hot water. Cook for 1½-2 hours, testing to see if it is ready ─ a skewer inserted into the middle should come out piping hot.
- Allow to cool then refrigerate overnight, placing weight (like a plate and tin of food) on top ─ this will improve the texture and make it easier to slice.
Tip: You can use any game meat such as pheasant, pigeon, duck, rabbit or hare, or lean strips of venison.
Yakitori Mini Burgers with Wasabi Dip
Jerk-Spiced Chicken Drumsticks
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl