- Half a lime
- Purple and blue salt – see tip below
- Ice cubes
- 37.5ml (1½ measures) Silver Tequila
- 12.5ml (½ a measure) Cointreau or orange liqueur
- 12.5ml (½ a measure) sugar syrup
- A few drops of b’Lure Colour Change Cocktail Concentrate
- A large strip of orange zest
- Cut the lime and rub the flesh around the rim of the glass. Press the rim of the glass into the salt to decorate.
- Fill your glass with ice cubes, then add the tequila, Cointreau and sugar syrup.
- Squeeze in a few drops of b’Lure.
- Squeeze in the juice from the lime and stir.
- Garnish with the orange zest.
To make the sugar syrup, mix 1 part warm water with 1 part sugar. For example, 25ml water and 25g sugar.
To make the blue salt, add a few drops of b’Lure to a little salt in the bottom of a cocktail tin. Cover the top of the shaker with cling film, cap with the top of the cocktail tin and shake hard. Leave to dry for three hours.
To make the purple salt, add a drop of lemon juice to a few drops of b’Lure, mix, then mix into a little salt. Follow the same method as above.
If you don’t have a cocktail shaker at home, mix the ingredients in a glass and cover the glass with cling film before shaking.