- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 35g self-raising flour
- 35g plain flour
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, extra for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan assisted. Grease two 12-hole (30ml) madeleine pans.
- Beat eggs and sifted sugars in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- Then triple-sift flours and sift over egg mixture. Combine the butter and water together and pour down the side of the bowl, then fold the ingredients together.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture into each pan hole. Bake for about 10 minutes. Tap hot pan firmly on worktop to release Madeleine’s then turn, top side down, onto wire rack to cool. Serve dusted with sifted extra icing sugar.