- 125g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 40g caster sugar
- 75ml milk
- 75ml Guinness
- 40g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp black treacle
- 40g plain chocolate chips
- 34cm Flat Non Stick Griddle Pan
- Dusting of icing sugar
- Raspberries to serve
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, salt, cocoa powder and caster sugar then make a well or hollow in the centre and set aside.
- In a jug combine the milk, Guinness, melted butter, egg and black treacle and whisk together until well mixed.
- Using a balloon whisk, gradually whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking constantly and drawing the flour mixture in from the edges until well mixed. Beat until very smooth then stir in the plain chocolate chips.
- Preheat a Lakeland Swift Flat Griddle Pan over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Drop dessert spoonfuls of the batter, one at a time, onto the griddle spreading each out quickly to form a round approximately 10cm in diameter. You should be able to cook 3 at a time.
- Cook the pancakes over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles appear all over the surface of the pancake. It is important to get the heat level right as if it is too high the pancakes will catch before they are cooked through.è
- Using a non stick spatula, flip the pancakes over and cook for a further 1 minute then remove and keep warm whilst cooking the remainder of the pancakes.
- When you have cooked all the pancakes serve whilst still warm sprinkled with a dusting of icing sugar and a few raspberries if liked.
These pancakes can also be cooked using a frying pan or crepe pan, however if you are not using a non stick pan, you will need to lightly grease your pan with a little butter or vegetable oil before adding the batter.
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds
The Perfect Cheesecake Recipe