- 275g smoked haddock
- 50ml milk
- 15g Lucy Bee coconut oil
- 100g leeks, rinsed and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped or crushed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp horseradish sauce or 1 tsp fresh grated horseradish
- 10g Parmesan, grated
- Himalayan salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Line a muffin tin with 8 paper muffin cases. Alternatively, grease 8 moulds of the tin with a little coconut oil.
- Place the smoked haddock in a shallow oven dish, pour over the milk, cover the dish with foil and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a heavy-based frying pan and add the leeks and garlic. Cover and saut for 5 minutes until softened, then remove the lid and cook off any liquid.
- Beat the eggs with some salt, pepper and the horseradish sauce or fresh grated horseradish. Flake the haddock into small pieces and stir into the egg mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases or tin, then sprinkle the Parmesan over and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack. Serve hot or leave to cool.
Recipe taken from Coconut Oil: Nature’s Perfect Ingredient by Lucy Bee (Quadrille)
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood
How to make… the Perfect Fish Pie with Sue Ashworth
Fabulous Family Fish Pie for the Remoska Tria
Prawn & Crab Cakes with Lemon & Coriander Tartare Sauce
Thai Prawn Mini Bakes
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®
Anjula Devi’s Mussels with Green Mango and Coconut Milk