- 200g firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 200g kelp noodles or rice noodles
- 30g Lucy Bee coconut oil
- 8 spring onions, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 pak choi or tat soi, or a mixture, chopped
- Ground black pepper
- Alfalfa sprouts, to serve
For the marinade
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30g fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 10g fresh horseradish, peeled and chopped
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 6 tsp tamari
- 40ml rice wine vinegar
- Blitz the marinade ingredients together in a food processor, then transfer to a bowl. Add the cubed tofu to the marinade, stir to coat, then set aside to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Cook the kelp or rice noodles according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, set the noodles aside. Heat the coconut oil in a wok or heavy-based frying pan, then add the tofu along with the marinade and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spring onions, peppers and pak choi or tat soi, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, submerge the noodles in cold water for 1 minute, then drain and stir into the tofu and vegetables, mixing until the noodles are coated in the sauce. Add black pepper to taste and serve with a scattering of alfalfa sprouts.
GF WF DF LF V
Recipe taken from Coconut Oil: Nature’s Perfect Ingredient by Lucy Bee (Quadrille)