For the pastry
- A little melted butter, for greasing
- 200g plain white flour, plus extra for dusting
- Pinch of salt
- 50g chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 50g chilled white vegetable fat, cut into pieces
- 3 tbsp chilled water
For the filling
- 100g cream cheese
- 100g condensed milk
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 24 raspberries
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Grease the holes of the Lakeland Mini Morsel tin with a little melted butter.
- Put the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and rub in the butter and white vegetable fat with your fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Add just enough chilled water to make a soft (not sticky) dough. Bring the mixture together with your hands and knead lightly for a few seconds until smooth.
- Roll out the dough thinly on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 24 circles using a 6cm round cutter, re-rolling the dough as needed. Use the pastry pusher to gently push the pastry into the holes. Prick the bases with a fork, then put a small piece of scrunched foil into each one.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the pastry cases are pale golden brown. Allow to cool, then remove the foil.
- For the filling, mix together the cream cheese, condensed milk, lime zest and lime juice. Spoon into the tarts and top with the raspberries. Decorate with mint leaves, if desired, sprinkle with a little icing sugar and serve.
Tip: Strawberries or blueberries could be used instead of raspberries – or use a mixture.
Valentine’s Love Bug Cookies
Valentine’s Dipped Meringue Swirls
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Cake
Sticky Lemon & Pistachio Whirlybuns for the Remoska®