- 75g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 397g can condensed milk
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon (40ml juice)
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 30g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5. Share the digestive biscuit crumbs between 4 x 200ml heatproof glass dishes or ramekins. Place on a baking sheet.
- Mix the matcha powder with the hot water to make a smooth paste, then combine with the condensed milk, lemon zest, lemon juice and egg yolks. Spoon on top of the biscuit crumbs. Transfer to the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites in a grease-free bowl until they hold their shape, then whisk in the sugar until stiff and glossy. Remove the desserts from the oven and pile the meringue on top. Bake for a further 5-6 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Tips: Stretch the mixture to serve more by using six smaller dishes or ramekins. Another time, use lime zest and juice instead of lemon.
How to make… the perfect Victoria Sandwich
How to make… the perfect Scones
Easy-Peasy Spring Bug Biscuits
Marbled Chocolate Orbs (with a hidden surprise…)
Step-By-Step Caterpillar Cake
Rosemary, Red Onion & Parmesan Focaccia for Remoska Tria
Malted Mixed Grain Loaf for Remoska Tria
Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding for Remoska Tria