- 75g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 397g can condensed milk
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon (40ml juice)
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 30g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5. Share the digestive biscuit crumbs between 4 x 200ml heatproof glass dishes or ramekins. Place on a baking sheet.
- Mix the matcha powder with the hot water to make a smooth paste, then combine with the condensed milk, lemon zest, lemon juice and egg yolks. Spoon on top of the biscuit crumbs. Transfer to the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites in a grease-free bowl until they hold their shape, then whisk in the sugar until stiff and glossy. Remove the desserts from the oven and pile the meringue on top. Bake for a further 5-6 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Tips: Stretch the mixture to serve more by using six smaller dishes or ramekins. Another time, use lime zest and juice instead of lemon.