- 75g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 40g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp clear honey (orange blossom is best), plus extra to serve
- 75g plain flour
- 40g pistachios, chopped, plus extra to serve
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Double cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Grease 12 x 25ml mini muffin tins. Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whisk the eggs, caster sugar and honey for 6-7 minutes until the mixture is very thick. When lifted out, the beaters should leave a trail that sits on the surface for a few seconds.
- In batches, sift the flour on to the egg mixture and fold in gently. Carefully fold in the pistachios, orange zest and cooled melted butter.
- Fill the muffin tins with the mixture and bake for 8-10 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack. Serve with lightly whipped cream, a sprinkle of the pistachios and some drizzled honey.
Per cake: 129.9kcals, 8.3g fat (4g saturated), 2.9g protein, 10.4g carbs (6.2g sugars), trace salt, 0.3 fibre