- 400g skinless chicken breasts or boneless thighs, chopped into chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 200g carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1.5 litres water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- 80g pearl barley
- A twist of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Put all the ingredients into the pan of the Remoska Tria. Fit the SoftPressure lid into position, following the instructions in the manual.
- Place the Remoska on the hob over a high heat, until there is a steady flow of steam coming from the pressure valve. Immediately turn the heat to low and cook for 25 minutes.
- Using an oven glove, remove the SoftPressure lid following the instructions. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve, sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley.
Tip: If you’d like a thicker soup, blend 1 tbsp cornflour with 2-3 tbsp cold water and stir into the finished soup, cooking gently over a low heat on the hob for a minute or two.