- 400g skinless chicken breasts or boneless thighs, chopped into chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 200g carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1.5 litres water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- 80g pearl barley
- A twist of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Put all the ingredients into the pan of the Remoska Tria. Fit the SoftPressure lid into position, following the instructions in the manual.
- Place the Remoska on the hob over a high heat, until there is a steady flow of steam coming from the pressure valve. Immediately turn the heat to low and cook for 25 minutes.
- Using an oven glove, remove the SoftPressure lid following the instructions. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve, sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley.
Tip: If you’d like a thicker soup, blend 1 tbsp cornflour with 2-3 tbsp cold water and stir into the finished soup, cooking gently over a low heat on the hob for a minute or two.
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood
Prue Leith’s Chicken Karahi
How to make… the Perfect Fish Pie with Sue Ashworth
How to make… the perfect Risotto with Sue Ashworth
Basic Pasta Recipe | How To Make Pasta From Scratch
Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli
Sweet Nutella Ravioli