- 6 large free-range egg whites
- 80g lavender sugar
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Icing sugar for dusting
- 250g lemon curd
- 300ml double cream, softly whipped
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 400g fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/130°fan/ gas 2. Line a 36cm x 25cm roulade tin (or shallow baking tray) with baking paper, leaving a 3cm overhang.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until very stiff, then gradually whisk in the lavender sugar and caster sugar until smooth and glossy. Whisk in the cornflour
- Spoon the meringue mixture into the prepared tin and spread out evenly with a palette knife. Bake for 45 minutes, then leave to cool in the tin. Dust a large sheet of baking paper with icing sugar and turn out the meringue onto it. Carefully peel off the baking paper and leave to cool.
- Spread the lemon curd over the cool meringue, then cover evenly with whipped cream. Roll up the meringue from the long side (using the baking paper underneath to help), then place on a serving plate, join-side down. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Put the caster sugar and lemongrass in a pan with a splash of water and heat gently, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Add the blueberries, then simmer gently for 5 minutes until they soften but still hold their shape. Leave to cool, then chill. Serve with slices of the roulade.
PER SERVING 271kcals, 13g fat (7.8g saturated), 2.3g protein, 33.8g carbs, 30.2g sugar, 0.1g salt, 0.4g fibre
Chef’s tip: Make the meringue the day before, wrap in cling film and leave in a cool place. It may deflate a bit but will still roll.
Panettone Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding
How to make the perfect Sticky Toffee Puddings
Peppermint Bark Ice Cream
Ooni’s Salted Caramel and Banana Pie
Cox’s Toffee Apple Crumble Cakes
Cinnamon Waffle Stack with Crunchy Peanut Brittle Ice Cream
How to make… the perfect Summer Berry Pavlova