- Nielsen-Massey’s Lemon Curd – use the full amount made with the recipe
- 50g unsalted butter, room temperature,
- plus extra for greasing
- 40g sugar, plus extra for dusting 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Zest of 1½ lemons
- ½ tsp Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
- 50g plain flour
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Pour the lemon curd into a piping bag and refrigerate until required.
- To make the sponges, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Lightly beat the egg and pour it into the batter, mixing continuously. Add in the Greek yoghurt, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Sift the flour into the batter and beat until just mixed through.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5. Lightly grease two mini pudding basins with butter and dust with caster sugar. Divide the batter between the two basins until half full, reserving the rest. Snip the piping bag, insert the tip into the centre of the batter and pipe in the lemon curd until two-thirds full. Spoon the remaining batter into the basins and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Once done, take the basins out and run a sharp knife around the edges. Turn the cakes out onto plates, dust some icing sugar over them and serve immediately.
Tip: To use all four pudding basins in the pack, simply double the ingredients (don’t forget to make twice as much lemon curd too!).