- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 chicken breast, skinned & cut into strips
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 2tbsp fresh root ginger, grated
- 2tsp cornflour
- 125g medium dried egg noodles
- 200g broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1tbsp roasted cashews
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the chicken for 5 minutes until almost cooked. Put to one side then pour 250ml water into the pan with the lemon zest and juice, sugar and ginger.
- Mix the cornflour into a smooth paste with a little water then whisk it into the pan. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously, before adding the chicken. Reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the noodles and vegetable together in boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain and toss together with the chicken sauce. Scatter with cashews then serve.