- 60g plain flour
- 20g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10g soft dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vegetable oil
- 140ml skimmed milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp beer
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, to cook
- 200g frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 30g icing sugar
- 4 large strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 orange
- 12 Raspberries
- 16 blueberries
- 5-6 shoe lace sweets, to tie parcels
- A little icing sugar, to dust
- Put the sifted flour, cocoa powder and soft dark brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle, add the egg, ½ tsp vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of the milk and beat vigorously until smooth. Gradually pour the milk onto the mixture while beating vigorously. Add the vanilla extract, almond extract and beer. Stir until smooth. Allow to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a food processor or using a hand blender, blend the thawed raspberries. Remove the seeds from the pure by passing through a sieve. Mix with the lemon juice and icing sugar. Refrigerate until required.
- Next, prepare the pancakes. Heat a flat griddle or skillet (approx. 26cm Dia.) with a little oil. Check the consistency of the batter, (it should be able to coat the back of a spoon) add a little beer if necessary. When the pan is hot, pour a little vegetable oil onto the surface then remove any excess with kitchen paper. Spoon a ladle of batter in the centre. Quickly spread the batter across the surface by tilting the pan. Cook over medium heat until soft and golden on the underside and it beginning to lift easily from the pan. Slide a spatula under the pancake and flip it over cook the other side for less than a minute until there is no raw batter left. Remove pancake from pan and place on a plate. Repeat the process until all the batter is used.
- Prepare the fruit filling. Slice the strawberries and banana and segment the oranges. Add the raspberries and blueberries. Lay a pancake flat and place a little fruit at the centre add a tablespoon of raspberry coulis, gather the sides of the pancake together to form a bag and tie it with a shoe lace sweet. Repeat until all the pancakes are filled, garnish each plate with a little extra fruit and coulis, and lightly dust with icing sugar.