For the casserole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600g lamb leg or shoulder, cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 large aubergine, chopped
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 chicken stock cubes, dissolved in 300ml water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 3 bay leaves
- 200g orzo (small rice-shaped pasta)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- A few toasted cumin seeds, pinch of mild chilli powder or a little chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4, adjusting the oven shelves to accommodate the Remoska Tria pan with its glass casserole lid.
- Place the Remoska pan on the hob and heat the olive oil. Add the chunks of lamb a few at a time, cooking over a high heat until sealed and browned.
- Turn off the heat and add all the remaining casserole ingredients, apart from the orzo pasta. Season and stir well. Add the glass lid and transfer the Remoska pan to the oven. Bake for 1½ hours.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and add the orzo, stirring well. Cover and bake for a further 20-25 minutes, until the orzo is tender.
- Remove the bay leaves, then serve, topping each portion with a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt, sprinkling with a few toasted cumin seeds, a little chilli powder or chopped fresh parsley – or all three.
Tip: Serve with dressed green salad or lightly cooked green vegetables.