For the burgers
- 450g lean minced pork
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh red chilli
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 seeded burger buns
- Lettuce, cucumber and tomato
- BBQ sauce
- Put the minced pork into a mixing bowl and add the red onion, chives, fresh chilli, allspice, dried chilli flakes and dried herbs. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Use the Gourmet Burger Press to shape the mixture into four standard burgers.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the burgers over a medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Split the burger buns and toast them lightly. Fill them with the burgers, lettuce, cucumber and tomato and a generous spoonful of BBQ sauce.