For the burgers
- 450g lean minced pork
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh red chilli
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 seeded burger buns
- Lettuce, cucumber and tomato
- Bone Suckin’ Sauce
- Put the minced pork into a mixing bowl and add the red onion, chives, fresh chilli, allspice, dried chilli flakes and dried herbs. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Use the Gourmet Burger Press to shape the mixture into four standard burgers.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the burgers over a medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Split the burger buns and toast them lightly. Fill them with the burgers, lettuce, cucumber and tomato and a generous spoonful of Bone Suckin’ Sauce.
Tips: If you’re barbecuing the burgers outdoors, brush them from time to time with Bone Suckin’ Sauce to add extra flavour. If you prefer, tone down the chilli kick by leaving out the dried chilli flakes – or add more if you’re a heat freak!