- 150g butter, melted, plus extra to grease
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 150ml double cream
- 397g tin condensed milk
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3-4 drops lime extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Grease the base and sides of a 20cm springform tin with butter. Crush the biscuits in a food processor or place in a freezer bag and break into crumbs using a rolling pin. Mix with the melted butter and press firmly into the tin. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks, then add the condensed milk and combine. Stir in half of the lime zest and all of the juice, then add 3-4 drops of lime extract. Taste and add more if required, before adding the eggs and mixing thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base in the tin and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin, then chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the tin and sprinkle the remaining zest over the top.