For the bars
- 180g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 80g butter, melted
- 1 sachet powdered gelatine
- 70ml just-boiled water
- 250g cream cheese or low fat soft cheese
- 250g condensed milk
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 50ml lime juice
- Lime slices and grated lime zest
- Mix the crushed biscuits into the melted butter to coat thoroughly. Divide evenly between the 12 compartments of the mould, pressing down with the back of a teaspoon. Chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the powdered gelatine into the just-boiled water and leave for 5-10 minutes to completely dissolve into a clear liquid, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the cream cheese (or low fat soft cheese) with the condensed milk, grated lime zest and lime juice. Stir in the gelatine liquid, mixing thoroughly. Pour on top of the biscuit bases and return to the fridge for about 1 hour, or until set.
- Carefully remove the bars from the mould. Serve, decorated with the lime slices and lime zest.
Tip: To transport, pack in a suitable container, with cling film between the layers. Keep in a cool box or bag with freezer blocks to keep chilled. Or try freezing them first – that way they keep very chilled, thawing as you transport them.