- 2 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 12 curry leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 250g pointed spring cabbage, finely shredded or grated
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 green chillies, thinly sliced
- 100g fresh coconut, grated
- 2-3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and chilli flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes until the seeds start to pop. Add the curry leaves and cook for 1 minute, then add the garlic, ginger and turmeric and cook for a further minute.
- Add the cabbage and carrot, stirring well. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes until the cabbage is tender. If it starts to stick, add a little water to prevent it burning.
- Stir in the chillies and coconut. Cook for 1 minute until heated through. Sprinkle with coriander before serving.
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Best Ever Roast Potatoes
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Anjula Devi’s Quick Spinach and Potatoes