- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks (1.2kg)
- 4 green onions (scallions), chopped coarsely
- 5cm (2-inch) piece fresh ginger (20g), grated
- 1½ teaspoons ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 fresh long green chillies, chopped coarsely
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Heat half the oil in large frying pan; cook chicken, turning, until browned all over. Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, process onion, ginger, spices, chilli, pepper, garlic, thyme and remaining oil until finely chopped. Add sugar, vinegar and juice; process until smooth. Pour paste over chicken. Cook, covered, on low for 4 hours. Season to taste.
- Serve chicken with sauce, a sprinkle of thyme, steamed green beans, rice and lime wedges.
Suitable to freeze at the end of step 2.
Basic Pasta Recipe | How To Make Pasta From Scratch
Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli
Sweet Nutella Ravioli
Spiced Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Bake for Remoska Tria
Rosemary, Red Onion & Parmesan Focaccia for Remoska Tria
Classic Goulash for Remoska Tria
Malted Mixed Grain Loaf for Remoska Tria
Lemony Chicken Soup with Leeks and Barley for Remoska Tria