- 160g dried mixed raisins, sultanas and sour cherries
- 45g dark soft brown sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 85g clear runny honey
- 1 tsp browning
- ½ tbsp treacle
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g butter, melted
- 240ml stout
- 1 large egg
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1½ tsp allspice
- Glacé cherries, halved (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Grease the holes and bases of the mini loaf tin with a little vegetable oil and set aside.
- Combine the mixed dried fruit in a small bowl – we used 80g raisins, 40g sultanas and 40g sour cherries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, honey, browning, treacle, vanilla extract, melted butter, stout and egg until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and spices, mixing together lightly and making sure there are no lumps.
- Using a spoon or a hand mixer on a low speed, mix together the wet and dry ingredients. Add the dried fruit and stir through until thoroughly combined.
- Evenly divide the mix between the holes of the tin. Place one or two halved glacé cherries on the top of each bun, if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the loaves are baked all the way through and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool before serving.
How to make… the perfect Victoria Sandwich
How to make… the perfect Scones
Easy-Peasy Spring Bug Biscuits
Marbled Chocolate Orbs (with a hidden surprise…)
Step-By-Step Caterpillar Cake
Rosemary, Red Onion & Parmesan Focaccia for Remoska Tria
Malted Mixed Grain Loaf for Remoska Tria
Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding for Remoska Tria