- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 Italian sausages
- 200ml red wine
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 2 x 410g cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 290g jar tomato and herb pasta sauce
- 20g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp mixed dried Italian herbs
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Using the Lakeland 3.5 Litre Digital Slow Cooker, heat the olive oil in its aluminium cooking pot on the hob and cook the sausages for 8-10 minutes, turning often, until browned. Pour in the red wine and allow it to bubble up.
- Using oven gloves, transfer the cooking pot to the slow cooker unit. Add the onion, garlic, pepper, crumbled stock cube, cannellini beans, pasta sauce, dried mushrooms, dried herbs, fennel seeds and rosemary. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cover with the glass lid and switch on the cooker, setting the control to low and cooking for 7-8 hours.
- Ladle into warmed bowls and serve, garnished with parsley.
Tip: Serve with crusty bread to mop up all the delicious juices.