For the filling
- 1 Bramley apple, approx. 300g, peeled, cored and diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 25g unsalted butter
- 40g caster sugar
- 100g blackberries
- 50g raspberries
For the crumble
- 60g plain flour
- 30g unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 30g caster sugar
- 50g ready-made granola
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- To make the filling, place the apple in a saucepan with the lemon juice, butter and sugar and heat gently until the butter has melted. Simmer for 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until apple has softened slightly and is well coated. Add the blackberries and raspberries and cook for a further minute until the apple takes on a pink colour. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To make the crumble topping, sift the flour into a bowl, add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until you have a coarse crumble texture. Stir in the sugar and granola.
- Divide the fruit filling evenly into the four 16cm oblong pie dishes and top each generously with the crumble topping, making a slight mound in the centre. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crisp and golden and the fruit juices are starting to bubble up through the topping. Serve immediately.
Tip: The filling can also be made using frozen apple and red fruit mix ─ defrost and drain well then add 2 tablespoons of caster sugar. No need to pre-cook.
Panettone Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding
How to make the perfect Sticky Toffee Puddings
Peppermint Bark Ice Cream
Ooni’s Salted Caramel and Banana Pie
Cox’s Toffee Apple Crumble Cakes
Cinnamon Waffle Stack with Crunchy Peanut Brittle Ice Cream
How to make… the perfect Summer Berry Pavlova