- 40g soft butter
- 40g soft brown sugar
- 2 dsp (45g) condensed milk (look for it in tubes)
- 70g Self raising flour
- 50g rolled oats
- 50g chopped ready to eat apricots
- Ask an adult to preheat the oven to 130ºC (fan)/150°C / Gas 3. Wash your hands and put on an apron. Line the baking tray with a baking sheet.
- First put the sugar and butter into the bowl. Beat well with the wooden spoon. Add the condensed milk and do the same.
- Now add the oats and apricots and mix well again.
- Finally add the flour and mix until the flour starts to disappear ─ you can use your hands to mix it too.
- Use the dessert spoon to make 6 lumps of about the same size. Roll each lump of dough into a ball then squash onto the baking paper with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until golden on the edges. Leave to cool on the baking tray as these are soft cookies. (if you make more smaller cookies then they will cook quicker)
Serve as a snack with milk or fruit juice.