- 7/8 cup lukewarm water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup dry milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer. Once mixed, knead until dough is shiny and elastic. About 10 min by hand and 5 in mixer.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover. Allow to rise for about 2 hours. Dough should be puffy.
- Deflate the dough and stretch it to fit in your USA Pan New England hot dog bun pan. If it doesn’t quite fit to the edge, that’s ok.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave it for 15 min.
- Go back and push dough to fit corners and level as much as possible. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise about another hour.
- While this is happening, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- When you are ready to bake the buns, take off plastic wrap. Place buns in oven and place an inverted sheet pan on top.
- Then, you will need to weigh the sheet pan down with a heavy oven safe pan. Cast iron works perfectly.
- Bake the buns 18 min then cool on a rack for about 5 min.
- Remove buns from pan to cool completely. Once cool, slice buns to separate and then slice down middle.
Valentine’s Love Bug Cookies
Valentine’s Dipped Meringue Swirls
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Cake
Sticky Lemon & Pistachio Whirlybuns for the Remoska®