- 40g butter
- 5 hot cross buns, halved horizontally
- 2 plums, pitted, each cut into eight
- 40g blueberries
- 3 large eggs
- 450ml milk
- 150ml single cream
- 40g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- A little freshly ground nutmeg (optional)
- Crème fraiche or single cream
- Use a knob of butter to grease the base of the Remoska pan. Spread the rest of the butter over the cut sides of the hot cross buns. Cut each diagonally in half, then arrange in the base of the Remoska, with some of them buttered sides up. Tuck in the sliced plums and sprinkle the blueberries on top.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, single cream, caster sugar and vanilla extract. Allow a few minutes for the sugar to dissolve, then strain the mixture through a sieve over the hot cross buns. Sprinkle the surface with the lemon zest and nutmeg (if using). Leave to soak for about 30 minutes.
- Add the Remoska lid with the window to the top of the pan, plug in and switch on. Cook the pudding for 30-35 minutes, until puffed up and golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes, then serve with crème fraiche or single cream.
Tips: Instead of hot cross buns, you could use sliced fruit bread or sliced brioche loaf, adding about 60g of raisins or sultanas. Panettone works brilliantly too.
How to make… the perfect Victoria Sandwich
How to make… the perfect Scones
Easy-Peasy Spring Bug Biscuits
Marbled Chocolate Orbs (with a hidden surprise…)
Step-By-Step Caterpillar Cake
Rosemary, Red Onion & Parmesan Focaccia for Remoska Tria
Malted Mixed Grain Loaf for Remoska Tria
Jamaican Easter Spiced Buns