For the toad-in-the-hole
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 pork and herb sausages
- 110g plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 300ml milk
For the gravy
- 10g butter
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200ml boiling water
- 2-3 tsp gravy granules
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 7.
- Put the vegetable oil into the PushPan and add the sausages. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the batter. Put the flour, salt and egg into a large mixing bowl with the mustard, herbs and milk. Use a whisk to combine the ingredients together to make a smooth batter – this only takes moments.
- Pour the batter around the sausages and return the tin to the oven as quickly as possible. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the batter has puffed up and turned golden brown.
- Make the gravy while the batter is cooking. Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the onion until softened and just beginning to brown. Add the boiling water, then sprinkle in the gravy granules and stir until thickened. Simmer over a very low heat until the toad-in-the-hole is cooked.
- Turn out the toad-in-the-hole and serve with the gravy and fresh vegetables.
Tip: For a perfectly puffed up Yorkshire pud, it’s important that the batter is poured into a searing-hot baking tin and quickly returned to the oven.
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Whole Roasted Cabbage Quarters with Sichuan Pepper, Soy, Sesame & Rice
The Most Indulgent Quick Cook Quiche: Broccoli, Gorgonzola, Chilli & Walnut
Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Squash & Sage
Miso Aubergines with Tofu, Sesame & Chilli
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®
Sticky Lemon & Pistachio Whirlybuns for the Remoska®