- On a clean, dry surface knead two thirds of the White Marzipan until pliable. Add a small amount of orange food colouring and knead until combined. Repeat until desired colour is reached. Reserve a small amount of orange marzipan and colour it a deep orange.
- Colour the remaining third of marzipan with cocoa powder to turn it brown in colour.
- Take the orange coloured marzipan and roll it into evenly sized, smooth bite-sized balls.
For the pumpkins
- Using the back of the knife, score lines across the middle of the ball, score another line across the ball to form a cross, then two more diagonal lines to form a pumpkin shape.
- Once the pumpkins have set completely, draw eyes and a mouth using the black edible food pen. Roll a tiny sausage shape using the cocoa coloured marzipan and attach it to the top of the pumpkin with a small amount of water.
For the chicks
- 1Roll the ball into a pear shape for the body. Take a small amount of orange marzipan and roll it into a cone shape, flatten and attach it to the side of the body using a little water if needed for the wings. Repeat for the other side.
- Using the cocoa coloured marzipan, make a hat by forming a cone shape and flattening the base. Take a pinch of the deep coloured orange marzipan and roll a thin sausage, flatten the sausage with your fingers and attach it around the hat using a little water.
- Using the deeper coloured orange marzipan, roll a tiny ball and flatten for the beak, attach it to the centre of the body flattening it slightly.
- For the eyes, roll two tiny balls out of the cocoa marzipan and attach above the beak using a little water.
- Attach the hat onto the top of the body using a little water. Once the marzipan has dried completely, draw feet towards the bottom of the body and nostrils and a smile onto the beak.
For the spider web
- Royal Icing preparation: make a piping bag containing a no.0 tube.
- Let down a small amount of Royal Icing to a soft piping consistency by mixing in a couple of drops of water. Fill the piping bag no more than halfway and fold the top to secure.
- Pipe four overlapping lines across the marzipan ball. Then pipe interconnecting lines to create a spider web effect.
Tip: If the Royal Icing creates a peak when piped, take a small paintbrush, slightly dampen with a wet cloth and gently pat down the peak.
Toasted BLT Bagel
Toasted Panini with Mushroom, Swiss Cheese and Caramelised Onion
Toasted Ciabatta with Chicken, Cheese, Pesto, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
Brie & Cranberry Toasted Baguette
Quesadillas with Salmon and Avocado
Eggy Bread Toasty with Banana and Blueberries
Toasted Tortilla Wrap with Chicken and Avocado
Gingerbread Cookie Garlands