For the cupcakes
- 115g butter, softened
- 115g caster sugar
- 115g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Star Kay White Gold Star Vanilla Extract
- Gummy bears and Gummy worms
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4 and line a 12 hole cupcake tin with paper cases.
- Place all the cupcake ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the paper cases and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside and cool for 10 minutes then remove from the tin and transfer to a wire rack.
- For the gummy bear cupcakes, divide the frosting into separate bowls, one for each of your chosen colours, and add a little colouring to each using the end of a skewer then mix well. Place the frosting in a piping bag and pipe a swirl on to 6 of the cupcakes and top each with a gummy bear.
- For the worm cupcakes, place 2 tablespoons of frosting onto each of the remaining cupcakes and smooth into a mound. Sprinkle 3 of the cupcakes with red Magic Sparkles and 3 with green then scoop a hole in each with a small teaspoon. After cutting them in half, place a worm into each hole. Using your fingertips, roll the icing into 6 stalks and gently push one into the top of each cupcake.
We’ve given instructions for 6 of each but you can adjust the decorating quantities to suit your own split between gummy bear and worm cupcakes.
We used Lakeland’s Colourful Cake Cases and chose the colours of our decorations to match.