- 2 tbsp quinoa
- 2/3 head of broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- 500g unshelled peas (or 120g frozen peas)
- ¼ cucumber, cut into batons
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tbsp toasted mixed seeds (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower)
- ½ avocado, diced
- Small handful parsley, roughly chopped
- Small handful mint, roughly chopped
- 2 dstsp lemon juice
- 4 dstsp extra virgin oil
- Salt & pepper
- Rinse the quinoa, place in a small pan with a couple of cm cold water, bring to the boil then gently simmer until there is no water remaining and allow to cool.
- Boil the broccoli and peas (unless using frozen) for about 3 minutes then run under cold water to cool.
- Layer salad onto two plates as follows ─ quinoa, cucumber, broccoli, peas, feta, alfalfa, seeds, avocado and finally the parsley and mint.
- Mix together the lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning to taste and dress the salad just before serving.
Vitamix Harissa Vinaigrette
Vegan Edamame, Lime, and Sesame Jar Salad
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Warm Quinoa, Couscous & Feta Salad
Pink Grapefruit, Fennel & Rocket Salad
Warm Spiced Orange & Plum Fruit Salad
Ham Hock Caesar Salad
Warm Lentil & Seared Rosemary Lamb Salad