- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp rock or sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers
- Seasoning to taste
- 220g green beans, untrimmed
- Mix together the shallot, vinegar and garlic and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Add the mustard and measured seasoning then whisk together. Once combined, slowly add the oil while continuing to whisk.
- Stir in the capers and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Boil the beans for 3 to 4 minutes, drain and mix with the dressing straightaway.