- 100g dried, unsweetened dates
- 50g wholegrain crackers
- 50g walnuts
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 400g goat’s cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 100ml double cream
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Grease the sides and bases of eight of the holes of the Loose-Based Mini Sandwich Tin.
- To make the cheesecake bases, place the dates, crackers and walnuts in a food processor, then add the melted butter. Pulse until finely chopped. Divide the mixture between the eight greased holes, pressing down with the back of a spoon.
- Next, make the filling. Place the goat’s cheese in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil, then add the cornflour and stir. Pour the cream over the goat’s cheese and stir until smooth.
- Divide the filling between the prepared holes of the sandwich tin, then place in the fridge to set for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas 4. Place the cherry tomatoes in an oven-safe dish or tray and add the olive oil, balsamic and garlic. Cook for 15 minutes, then remove and allow to cool.
- Remove the cheesecakes from the fridge once set. Push up the loose bases carefully to release and place on a serving dish. Garnish with the tomatoes and finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper.