- 500g mixed mushrooms (such as portobello, oyster, chestnut)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp double cream
- Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Slice the mushrooms roughly and set aside. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, then fry the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook over a high heat, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the sourdough.
- Add the cream and parsley to the mushrooms, season to taste, then serve on the toast.
Per serving: 243kcals, 15.8g fat (9.5g saturated), 6g protein, 19.3g carbs (1.4g sugars), 0.6g salt, 2.9g fibre
For the mushrooms , pick a creamy white Burgundy (Meursault or less pricey Mâcon-Villages), then carry on drinking it with the salmon and wilted chard. With the pudding, a sweet Orange Muscat, served lightly chilled, would end the meal on a high note.
Toasted Panini with Mushroom, Swiss Cheese and Caramelised Onion
Toasted Ciabatta with Chicken, Cheese, Pesto, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
Brie & Cranberry Toasted Baguette
Quesadillas with Salmon and Avocado
Eggy Bread Toasty with Banana and Blueberries
Toasted Tortilla Wrap with Chicken and Avocado
Toasted BLT Bagel
Yakitori Mini Burgers with Wasabi Dip