- 500g mixed mushrooms (such as portobello, oyster, chestnut)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp double cream
- Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Slice the mushrooms roughly and set aside. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, then fry the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook over a high heat, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the sourdough.
- Add the cream and parsley to the mushrooms, season to taste, then serve on the toast.
Per serving: 243kcals, 15.8g fat (9.5g saturated), 6g protein, 19.3g carbs (1.4g sugars), 0.6g salt, 2.9g fibre
For the mushrooms , pick a creamy white Burgundy (Meursault or less pricey Mâcon-Villages), then carry on drinking it with the salmon and wilted chard. With the pudding, a sweet Orange Muscat, served lightly chilled, would end the meal on a high note.
Toasted BLT Bagel
Toasted Panini with Mushroom, Swiss Cheese and Caramelised Onion
Toasted Ciabatta with Chicken, Cheese, Pesto, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
Brie & Cranberry Toasted Baguette
Quesadillas with Salmon and Avocado
Eggy Bread Toasty with Banana and Blueberries
Toasted Tortilla Wrap with Chicken and Avocado
Yakitori Mini Burgers with Wasabi Dip