- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 80g chorizo sausage, chopped
- 120g cooked gammon, cut into chunks
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5-6 tbsp tomato & herb pasta sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the onion, pepper and chorizo. Cook over a low heat, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes, until the onions are very soft. The chorizo will release its wonderful spicy flavour – which the vegetables will absorb.
- Add the chunks of gammon and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Tip in the cannellini beans and add the tomatoes and pasta sauce. Heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then serve, scattered with coriander or parsley.
Tips: To make this for four, simply double the quantities. As an alternative to cannellini beans, try using a can of borlotti beans or mixed beans instead – or use 300g cooked macaroni.
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Perfect Flame-Cooked Steak
Ooni’s Umami Ribeye Steaks with Honey Butter Asparagus
How to make… the perfect Lasagne with Sue Ashworth
How to make… the perfect Beef Wellington with Sue Ashworth