- 350g (12oz) fresh salmon fillet, skinned
- 6 tablespoons low calorie mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons full fat creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon creamed horseradish
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices smoked salmon
- a few salad leaves
- 6 lemon wedges
- Pre-heat the oven to 160ºC/325ºF/Gas 3. You will need 6 Deep Presentation Rings arranged on a flat baking sheet or tray.
- Season the salmon fillet and wrap in one layer of buttered foil. Slide onto a baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes until just opaque and cooked. Allow to cool.
- Flake the cooled salmon, removing any bones. Mix the salmon and any juices with the mayonnaise and creme fraiche in a bowl and season with dill, lemon, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Divide evenly between the rings and, using the back of a teaspoon, push the mixture down and level the tops. Transfer to the fridge. Leave for at least 4 hours to firm.
- Slip a palate knife under the ring and lift each onto a few dressed salad leaves. Remove the ring and arrange one generous curl of smoked salmon on the top of each tian, decorate with a sprig of fresh dill and serve with a wedge of lemon and brown bread and butter.
Tips: Not suitable for freezing. Can be made the day before serving and kept in the fridge.
Spiced Salmon & Spring Onion Fried Rice
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood
How to make… the Perfect Fish Pie with Sue Ashworth
Fabulous Family Fish Pie for the Remoska Tria
Prawn & Crab Cakes with Lemon & Coriander Tartare Sauce
Thai Prawn Mini Bakes
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®