- 350g (12oz) fresh salmon fillet, skinned
- 6 tablespoons low calorie mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons full fat creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon creamed horseradish
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices smoked salmon
- a few salad leaves
- 6 lemon wedges
- Pre-heat the oven to 160ºC/325ºF/Gas 3. You will need 6 Deep Presentation Rings arranged on a flat baking sheet or tray.
- Season the salmon fillet and wrap in one layer of buttered foil. Slide onto a baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes until just opaque and cooked. Allow to cool.
- Flake the cooled salmon, removing any bones. Mix the salmon and any juices with the mayonnaise and creme fraiche in a bowl and season with dill, lemon, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Divide evenly between the rings and, using the back of a teaspoon, push the mixture down and level the tops. Transfer to the fridge. Leave for at least 4 hours to firm.
- Slip a palate knife under the ring and lift each onto a few dressed salad leaves. Remove the ring and arrange one generous curl of smoked salmon on the top of each tian, decorate with a sprig of fresh dill and serve with a wedge of lemon and brown bread and butter.
Tips: Not suitable for freezing. Can be made the day before serving and kept in the fridge.
Thai Prawn Mini Bakes
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®
Anjula Devi’s Mussels with Green Mango and Coconut Milk
Marinated Thai Salmon with Steamed Chilli Veg
Steamed Citrus Fish with Asparagus and Parsley Potatoes
Davina’s Cod and Pesto Parcels
Smoked Fish & Cider Pie
Tom Yum Prawn Noodles